FreeBSD vs NetBSD vs OpenBSD

Author:Seth Henry
Posted:5/11/2000; 11:51:30 AM
Topic:FreeBSD vs NetBSD vs OpenBSD

Can anyone give me a few _technical_ differences between the major flavors of BSD? My primary goal is stability, to the point I am willing to sacrifice some performance. This is why I am migrating from Linux, it has gotten progressively more unstable. Which BSD is most likely to get along with Samba, while giving me legendary stability. Software RAID support is also important - I have 6 2Gb SCSI disks that will (hopefully) be configured in a RAID 5 configuration. NT is not an option. :)