Re: Web App Security

Author:Dave Winer

As you noted the other day, the referrer solution doesn't work for browsers that send no referrer, or people who don't have referrer sending enabled.

Well, if that were a deal-stopper, we would have heard by now. The screaming by Manila users who can't update their sites would be deafening. I think for all practical purposes, all browsers send the Referer attribute, so in this case, problem solved, afaik.

However, I do agree we could use some help from the browser guys, and I also doubt we're going to get it.