UnSubscribe button didn't work

Author:Ron Hochsprung
Posted:5/30/2000; 11:51:03 AM
Topic:UnSubscribe button didn't work

I joined the Scripting News mailing list a while back. However, since the mailing is usually a little delayed from what is available on the website, and, since if I have access to my email, I usually have access to the Web, anyway, I tried to unsubscribe.

But, whenever I clicked on the UnSubscribe button in the emails, I got sent to the Scripting News home page without any indication that I was actually unsubscribed. Since I continued to get emails, I figured that something was wrong.

I took a look at the HTML for the button and hacked a small HTML file with just the

stuff in the body, loaded that with my brower, clicked on that button, and ended up in a page that said that I was unsubscribed. So, something is funny with the button within the email.

BTW, I was using Outlook Express on a Mac for all attempts to unsubscribe from the email itself.