What to do to make a site theme-able?

Author:Steve Hooker
Posted:6/6/2000; 1:44:18 AM
Topic:A discussion about Themes

All your JavaScript goes across, as does the CSS and whatever else Brent found that could be modularized (which is quite a lot).

I like this idea a lot. How or what should I do to make my site better for cloning?

Yes, I know I need to clean up the validating - which I'll do.

But, I'm concerned about a moreover.com storybox. This is a gem stored as a bit of javascript. I also have a Userland storybox and both are contained within a bit of javascript that only allows them to appear on the front page.

And, I have an AIM remote control thing...

And what about the settings? For instance my site is not syndicated. Others will have news items enabled, will all these setting 'go' with the clone?

And are you saying we can have a button on our site that says 'clone me' ? That would be cool.