Re: What to do to make a site theme-able?

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:6/6/2000; 6:16:13 AM
Topic:A discussion about Themes

I'm going to let Brent work with you on most of these things, but I'll say one thing, use full URLs when in doubt, not relative URLs. For example, we don't copy images. So if you reference an image in a template with a relative URL it will show up as a broken image on a cloned site. The workaround is simple, use full URLs. There are other practices that must be followed to allow a site to be cloned.