How To Make Money Selling Music On The Internet

Author:Jason Domina
Posted:6/14/2000; 3:45:12 PM
Topic:How To Make Money Selling Music On The Internet

"If you're going to start a company that deals with musicians, please do it because you like music. Offer some control and equity to the artists and try to give us some creative guidance. If music and art and passion are important to you, there are hundreds of artists who are ready to rewrite the rules.

In the last few years, business pulled our culture away from the idea that music is important and emotional and sacred. But new technology has brought a real opportunity for change; we can break down the old system and give musicians real freedom and choice."

from Courtney Love's speech to the Digital Hollywood online entertainment conference, given in New York on May 16. via Salon.com