Re: Time Stamp Suggestion

Author:Robert Cassidy
Posted:6/30/2000; 10:12:38 AM
Topic:Time Stamp Suggestion

Hmm...

In my plans to update the discussion template I was going to look at adding a pref to keep track of the users last discussion interaction with the server (basically the message number of the last viewed message) and then report (and/or list) how much discussion content occurred since then.

Closer to what a decent newsreader does, except it will assume that if you saw message 18214, that you were aware of everything before it and not tell you about that. (The right way is far too much work...)

Clearly you would have to be logged in for this to work... another benefit of membership!