scriptingNews outline for 7/4/2000

Author:Dave Winer

Today is Independence Day in the US. It's our country's birthday. To the south they're really having a revolution. And in the music business, and the software business too, things are changing, perhaps at a revolutionary pace. This is good! Once a year, at least, it's great that we can think about revolutions and overthrowing corruption and unleashing the creativity that it holds back. Namaste y'all!

It's chilly in the Bay Area today.

I was invited to appear on CBS News Friday at 7AM Eastern to defend Napster. I will do it even if it means being at a TV studio at 4AM. (BTW, I'll be in Seattle on Friday.)

Brad Pettit has a different point of view on Napster.

A sunset in the Sierras, from this weekend. Ain't it sweet?