Re: Fractals Everywhere

Author:Jeremy Bowers
Posted:7/7/2000; 8:55:20 PM
Topic:Fractals Everywhere

If you want to play with Fractals, you must play with FractINT. Warning, this program will eat arbitrary amounts of computer and human time.

I first used this program on a 486/33 megahertz... I don't even want to imagine how quickly a near-gigahertz machine will render fractals that used to take me hours. Fractint's my informal machine benchmark... I used to watch a machine render the Madelbrot set at 1024x768 to get a feel for how quickly the machine worked. I had to raise the bar when my 233 had the thing rendered before the monitor was done switching from standard text mode to the hi-res mode.

Version 20's out now, and there haven't been any shananigans with the versioning, either. It's an old program, and very good.