A scriptable streaming MP3 server

Author:Tom Clifton

There is one that I know of that might fit the bill. While it wasn't designed to stream mp3s, it was pretty easy to add the features. It accepts playlists in outline format and is Pike compatible.

You may have heard of it, it's called Frontier.

I have a responder that streams mp3s. The responder reads filespecs stored in an outline and streams out the file. It doesn't have an interface, just an agent that populates the playlist with random selections from a CD of mp3s. While it isn't upto internet streaming, it works quite well over a network connection.

It could certainly be improved. It doesn't handle multiple connections gracefully (it tends to skip over playlist selections). And it needs an interface to make, save, and reorganize playlists. But it isn't a bad start for a personal server.