Re: Hertzfeld on CGI and RPC

Author:Dave Winer

At first I was confused when you said I make my "leaving" -- I thought you were dumping Frontier, but you probably meant "living".

About asking Andy to do anything, I haven't asked him to do that, and I did meet with Eazel when they rolled out, their choice was to have me meet with Mike Boich, the CEO, and a longtime friend (we eat at the same restaurant in Menlo Park). Andy wasn't there. Not a big deal, afaik.

I understand that you liked the idea of Telescript. I didn't like it because it was so hyped and so closed. I hate shit like that. If I were in Andy's shoes (I'm not) I'd clear the air on that chapter of his career, esp if he wants respect in the open source world.

You may not think that stuff like that comes back, but I do believe a lot of important people read Scripting News, and when an issue is raised there these days, it tends to get coverage elsewhere. Not as much as I would like of course, but one step at a time.