Gene Kan

Author:Jacob Levy
Posted:7/12/2000; 10:33:21 AM
Topic:Gene Kan

Dave

I'm intrigued by your comment about Gene Kan, that he scared you. Wonder why, what scared you about him?

He is totally committed, a firebrand anarchist, he proved that time and again with his work on the GIMP, the world's most advanced free image manipulation software. Is that it?

There was a wonderful book about Ariel Sharon, currently the leader of Israel's Likud right wing party. The book was titled "Doesn't stop for red lights", sorry, I couldn't find it translated to English. The theme of the book is about how single-mindedness and total commitment to an ideal (IMHO misguided, but I could at least relate to the dedication) achieves tremendous success.