Re: Patrons or fans?

Author:Jonathan Hendry
Posted:7/12/2000; 12:34:16 PM
Topic:Patrons or fans?

The internet model says to musicians (and pretty soon to anyone with IntelProp, to borrow a term from Tom Matrullo) "work for us, the fans and we'll reward you".

Just because Matrullo says so doesn't make this true.

I'd also add that Matrullo's article seems very passive-aggressive against musicians. He must be bitter over not getting the concert tickets he wanted. It's telling that payment for the musicians is practically a footnote.