Re: fallacies

Author:Jake Savin

I agree with you 100%.

If I remember correctly, the contract my band had with Roadrunner Records ended up paying us about $0.60 per CD sold, which when divided by the number of tracks on the album (10), works out to $0.06 per CD. That's what the record company's thought was fair for a new artist, at least according to their "standard contract". (Our lawyer actually negotiated with theirs for almost two months, so our deal was somewhat better than "standard".)

It's easy to see how we never recouped our "debt" to the record company, and therefore never made a penny from record sales.