Re: SOAP: language implementations?

Author:David Rothgery
Posted:7/12/2000; 1:35:27 PM
Topic:SOAP: language implementations?

I think that http://soap.weblogs.com should cover the state of SOAP implentations.

Still, the biggest and probably most important implemention is in the VisualStudio.NET common language runtime. It brings along Microsoft's languages (Visual C++, C# [I don't like the language myself], Visual Basic [my personal favorite, warts and all], Compiled JScript, and Visual FoxPro), as well as Perl and Python from ActiveState, Java from Rational, Eifel, COBOL, and a few others. Yes, others will have been shipping products with SOAP support for a year by the time (probably most importantly from IBM and Userland). But VisualStudio.NET brings almost every Windows developer along with it.