Re: Napster and Software

Author:Jacob Levy

"I would pay for music"

Wrong.

Actually this is a great opportunity to explain. I already paid for the record, CD or casette, while I believe I paid for the bits, the sound, the audio. The RIAA disagrees and wants us to pay again.

Dave went one further and actually said he would pay again if they were willing and set up to take his money. That's called BOGU. It's way overboard. I'm not that easy to part with my own money -- I won't pay again if I already own the bits on a record or CD -- I paid once and thats that.

IMHO the greedy bastards at RIAA do not deserve to get paid again for bits that we already own, in whatever format. Of course (being greedy) they think they can do that. They even passed a law that encodes the practice (works-for-hire).