Re: fallacies

Author:Eric Soroos

Your decision of course, but it's worth noting that here is a situation where the record industry provides no way at all to purchase this music.

Case in point. "The Name of this Band is the Talking Heads" (by the talking heads) It was released on double lp or tape. Never on CD. It has the best versions of Take Me to the River and Pulled Up that I have ever heard the Talking Heads do. This album was single handedly responsible for several late night coding sessions.

It's early Heads, so there's not a real huge market for it. The most that any random person would probably recognize is Take me to the River and Psycho Killer. It's obscure enough that I haven't seen the songs on it on Napster. Rights are owned by Sire (which I think ended up as time warner/ aol/emi)

I'll send $30 right now. I'll send a check or cc#. I want it digital so I don't wear out my lp, so that I can crank it in the car, and so that I can listen to it at work.. And I don't really want to rip my LP, since it will sound really really bad. (lp wear on used records is bad)

any takers?

eric