Re: scriptingNews outline for 7/14/2000

Author:Phillip Birmingham

In fact, with the first sentence under "The conspiracy buffs," he is explicitly contrasting you with the "nut job" who sends the misogynistic messages.

I'm not sure I'd call it an explicit contrast. When I use that construct, I usually mean to point out that two things differ only in degree. He sets the guy apart from Dave, but I missed it on first reading, as well.