People, what they said, when, my comments...

Author:Kishore Balakrishnan
Posted:7/14/2000; 6:46:30 PM
Topic:People, what they said, when, my comments...

Dear all,

The following is possible manually and is a very tedious process... having to update a few pages with the same content... I am just trying to automate this process...

I am hoping that many more have the same requirement and someone has already programmed/found a solution/plug-in

I have seen the outliners site and it is close to what I am looking for...

On my weblog, I would like to be able to create records by entering the following:

  1. Person ( others , myself )
  2. what is said
  3. when : date , time
  4. my keywords
  5. my comments / notes

Now, I would like to generate

  1. all the records for a date -> one page of my weblog
  2. all the records for one person -> how i have been influenced over time / what has influenced me over time -> for my future reference and for others...
  3. all the records for one keyword -> my personal knowledge base for this subject
  4. search across all records which will be my psychic RAM

Imagine this feature available on the scripting.com website... I would be able to know

"which articles of Dan Gillmor were interesting to Dave, why he liked them,"

Thanks for listening, Kishore

ps: I think that this feature might be helpful to many more and not just me ! - Please comment

pps: this is probably a subset requirement of my earlier post vision: purposeful online community for all human beings...