Re: scriptingNews outline for 7/19/2000

Author:Andrew Z

>"Emailing with Woz today about Napster, I said "The Mac is behind in this area. We must help Napster get their Mac version working. Think of all the musicians that use Macs. They don't know how cool it is."

>He said: "There is Macster. My son uses it but I had horrible problems one night. I'd create an account and the password I created would be declared incorrect when I tried to log on, except for two times. I haven't tried it this week, but I'll give them another chance soon."

Macster's problem is well noted and AFAIK only affects the preview release (which is what the company uses as a download). After experiencing the same issues Woz did I went and downloaded Rapster. I tried downloading one song with it but was unsucessful (the connection on the other end was 56K).

Thats my only experience with Napster clones. I don't listen to MP3s, having only wanted to see what all the fuss was about last night.