Re: Open Source -- a world onto itself

Author:Josh Lucas
Posted:7/21/2000; 9:22:07 AM
Topic:Open Source -- a world onto itself

Dave -

I think that's a pretty big generalization of "Open Source" people. I'm actually offended by it since I try to ignore Microsoft as much as possible.

Also, why weren't there others trying to evangelize the .Net vision? You mention on Scripting News how this is sort of like it was at Apple but I would say that it is totally differnt. You don't have to get the 'approval' from anyone to make deals. You can make your pitch to developers and let them integrate the vision. Look at what happened with XML-RPC... You posted the spec and Frontier's version and then the community at large wrote clients and servers in a variety of languages.. That could just as easily happen with any vision, even the .Net one..

Those are just my thoughts...

josh