Re: Open Source -- a world onto itself

Author:Dave Aiello
Posted:7/21/2000; 8:57:20 AM
Topic:Open Source -- a world onto itself

I, like a number of Web Development wannabes a couple of years ago, read Philip Greenspun's book with great interest. Although I think his writing makes him sound arrogant at times, one of the things I give him credit for is pragmatism when it comes to mixing OpenSource and proprietary software.

While I didn't adopt the ArsDigita tool set, I have attempted to follow that development approach myself, and I recommend it to others. It allows you to participate in most software development conversations without feeling like you have no idea if your opinion will resonate with people. Also, in this day and age, it is definitely the most practical way to do business.

Dave Aiello
Chatham Township Data Corporation