Re: A perspective shift

Author:Scott Hanson
Posted:7/21/2000; 10:11:16 PM
Topic:Open Source -- a world onto itself

Yes, it would be cool to have a mod_manila for apache. Plug it in your apache installation, and the first page you see is 'It worked!'. The 'aha-effect', as the Germans would say.

I just experienced the aha-effect with OpenBSD, strangely enough. They include apache in the basic operating system, so you have a secure working web server out of the box. Aha. (Of course, that's an admin-side aha. What we need for the Two-Way-Web(TM) is the user-side aha.)