New Product - New Name - Unknown Future

Author:Karl Dubost
Posted:7/26/2000; 12:44:27 AM
Topic:New Product - New Name - Unknown Future

As you said in your piece in Scripting News: "I also think it's good to re-think the name, because it forces me to think about what this product is today and what it's likely to be in the future. A good name will make sense now and in the future."

But what will be the future of your product, who knows. You said that there is a playlist feature, but the playlist could be maybe reoriented as booklist, bookmarks managers, etc. People are imaginative and we never could imagine how they use a technology. That's the fun part.

I don't know yet the product, so I can't presume about his future, and what all of us could presume will be surely wrong. A Killer Application is an App with success that was not suspected.

Possible names for Ex-Pike:

Mato-Grosso (the opposite of Manila on the Globe). Weblanders
WriterLand
PlayerLand
WebToShare

--