I go the other way on this

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:7/27/2000; 8:17:39 AM
Topic:Boycott the record industry?

Personally I think that rather than a boycott, it would be more appropriate to swamp them with money, in a very public way. That would destroy the idea that the net is filled with pirates. There's a lot of buying power here. I don't think the Napster folks can ask people to do this, but I can. Shall we all meet at Tower Records on Saturday at 3PM, coast to coast, with our Visa cards out?