Re: Jewish VEEP -- does it mean anything?

Author:Donald W. Larson
Posted:8/7/2000; 12:25:24 PM
Topic:Jewish VEEP -- does it mean anything?

But did you see the reaction when he spoke? Several of them prayed for him.

Mike,

Is there something wrong with praying? How do you know what was in their thoughts? Besides, the majority that I saw in the televised audience were listening and watching the speaker.

I don't believe in discrimination, so that's not where I'm coming from. However, just because someone does not agree with another person's views, lifestyle, or whatever does not mean discrimination will take place. Tolerance is a very important facet of our American life.

As for the Netherlands, I recently spoke in-person with some of my relatives from the Netherlands. I'm afraid prejudice is as common there as most places on the planet.

As for freedom over there, I was told that landlords have to ask the government who they must lease to, they have no choice in the selection process. That's going a bit too far, IMHO. It's one thing to have anti-discrimination laws and quite another to have no freedom of choice.

When you get to Canada or South Africa don't be surprised to find other sorts of prejudice. The world isn't perfect as we both know. At least you currently live in a free country where you have a chance to make an impact if you have the courage of your convictions.

Stick around and help your causes is my advice. :-)

Don