Jewish VEEP -- does it mean anything?

Author:Jacob Levy
Posted:8/7/2000; 9:52:08 AM
Topic:Jewish VEEP -- does it mean anything?

So the demos want to make Lieberman their candidate for VEEP and they're making hay about how he's the first Jewish candidate for VEEP ever, etc etc.

Do they really expect to change people's minds as to whom to vote for based on gender and/or religion? Where's the vaunted separation of church and state? Isn't this the latest rape of our common belief system, that someone's gender, color or religion have nothing to do with whether they're suitable to serve in public office?

Yuck.

Of course, my personal $0.02 only. YMMV, disclaimers etc etc.