Re: Heart Attack

Author:Randal Phelps
Posted:8/10/2000; 11:17:36 AM
Topic:Heart Attack

I think it is important that your story focused not on the scary thing your friend encountered but really on you. Don't misunderstand...I applaud the immediacy of the conversation going directly to the me part of the story...
In so far as the threat of heart attack and our living forever... these issues are so much more central and core than the internet or software (though these tools are great methods of seeking that information or methodology---lest you think this is a kooky pseudo-religious message..it isn't...rather my thesis is that I like to focus on the experience of the moment...the elements of you massaging your heart while talking to your friend (I started to say listening...but that wouldn't be accurate) it is the act of empathizing with experiences that counts (whew boy a virtual experience without broadband) and ultimately the generalization that mortality is real...my children remind me (by there participation in my life) of my mortality or maybe it could be the Bonnie Raitt song Nick of Time (quasi tongue in cheek) The getting it together factor is high in your story Dave...Doing the grand Google search is an imperative for thinking/realized folks....you bring us scripting news and scoops and frenetic mind bubbles...the introspection element is key to being the visionary you are....