Re: Heart Attack

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:8/10/2000; 11:23:15 AM
Topic:Heart Attack

Thank you Randal. This is the smartest DG message ever.

Every story I write is about me, and same for you and everyone else.

The most confused messages are the ones that say you, you, you.

They're all complete lies. There is no you. There is only me.

A great Kurt Vonnegut book had this as one of the peripheral themes. A robot explains to Kilgore Trout that he's the only real person, everyone else is a robot sent to Earth to test him.

Only on Very Good Days is there a window to spot other life forms roaming the planet.

Maybe that's what death is about, erasing the illusion that there's anything but me.