Re: Firewalls and Radio UserLand

Author:Dave Winer

Hmm, have to think about this. Dave, are you cool with OFS being populated by software other than Radio UserLand?

Absolutely. That's why the registerWith XML-RPC call has a userAgent parameter, and userAgent is reported in users.xml. All the protocols we implement are open and we want competition and we support it. If 99 percent of the clients of OurFavoriteSongs.Com turn out to be Perl apps, as long they are not spamming, I'd be quite happy.

You never know how markets are going to shape up. By being open, and covering all bets, we pretty much guarantee that we'll be in the market, somehow. If someone else's browser turns out to be more popular, that's fine. (Of course we're allowed to compete too!)