Re: My open source dilemma

Author:John Foster

Open or closed your first problem is not that of being a programmer writing excellent code but as a business man. Whether you want to or not you have to deal with the reality of people around you as Dave mentioned. Honerable as open source is you can't use it to pay rent, employees, and the hundreds of other bills that business generate unless it's tied to a revenue stream.

So instead of thinking about open/closed concerntrate for a while on the whether or not anyone will pay for what you are creating. In otherwords -- is there a market?

My greatest flops happened because I followed my heart instead of the hard cold statistics gathered from sales and marketing.

John Foster