Re: My open source dilemma

Author:David Brown

But when I totalled up my revenue for the year to date, the open source package was my biggest and most reliable source of income. It had gotten my foot in the door with some excellent clients, and provided lots of credibility during the sales process.

When people try to point at Open Source successes, they always point at Linux.

But I think the most compelling Open Source project, and the most satisfying success, is what happened when Digital Creations open sourced Zope.

Read about it here.

Their experience is much the same as yours, Eric. Their consulting revenue increased by leaps and bounds.

dave