Re: No Doubt

Author:Dennis Peterson

If Leonard Adleman wants to look at my crypto algorithm, that's cool. I trust him and he's got a reputation to protect. But letting a stranger through my house?

Opening the crypto algorithm for review has proven to be more secure time and time again. Browse through Bruce Schneier's newsletter sometime. A good crypto algorithm doesn't depend on obscurity, it depends on lots of expert codebreakers banging on it over time without being able to break it, even though they know exactly how it works. Bruce argues strongly that the same is true of security protocols in general, and provides a lot of case studies.