Re: No Doubt

Author:Joshua Allen

Yeah, I know Bruce. That's exactly the point I was making. Security protocols and crypto are improved by public/peer review. There is ample evidence for that, as you point out. But saying that this rule applies to all the *other* parts of an OS is indefensible. Windows and all other modern operating systems are based on security protocols and crypto algoritms that are public and peer-reviewed. I apologize if my metaphor was a bit unclear, I was *contrasting* crypto with my house. My (crypto <> house). Crypto = open; house = closed. Only the security parts of a system need to be open to improve security... Cheers, -J