Linux and CSS

Author:Jacob Levy
Posted:8/18/2000; 8:41:59 AM
Topic:Linux and CSS

Dave,

You say How are Linux users supposed to use DVDs? As far as I know the movie industry has not provided a way for people to do that.

The MPAA will gladly sell a license for CSS to any company that is willing to abide by their license restrictions. Corel, Red Hat, VA Linux, Sun, IBM, HP and any of the other Linux supporters and vendors can negotiate a license, pony up and pay, then distribute.

Note, again, that I'm not familiar with their license terms and I'm not expressing an opinion above whether the license is fair.