Re: DeCSS decision

Author:Jacob Levy
Posted:8/18/2000; 7:26:25 PM
Topic:DeCSS decision

Thanks.

The judge apparently didn't want to rule on the issue of the first ammendment versus DCMA. That's now left to a higher court to decide. Once the judge made that determination, he was left with making an interpretation of DCMA itself and how this case applies DCMA, and on the facts alone he came out in favor of the MPAA.

Based on the DCMA alone, I can't fault the judge's decision. That's what I was trying to say. I don't know enough about the first ammendment and its application to DCMA, so I'll stay out of that one.