Re: Fucking Daft

Author:Dave Winer

I agree. I started thinking this way when I wrote Platform is Chinese Household, where I dreamed of a rebellion by the meal-cookers and baby-makers, or software developers. Recognition by peers is just another Atlas Shrugged-like scam to get us to go for slavery. You need money in this society to live, eat, for almost everything. To live in San Francisco you need a lot of money.

Isn't it rich that while the middlemen are making huge fortunes in inflated pyramid schemes, all the hype is organized to make us look bad for wanting to be paid for our work. I don't want alms, I work hard doing what I do. I earned it.

I think it's time to re-read Atlas Shrugged. I think we may be living it.