Re: ESR and Apple's irrelevance

Author:Steven Vore
Posted:8/29/2000; 5:44:37 AM
Topic:ESR and Apple's irrelevance

Another benefit to text...

And from those of us in the tech support business... please give us text or some easy way to get data from the user.

Yes, from the dumb idiot end user who can barely use a mouse and who doesn't know hex from sanskrit.

I really don't want to have to walk Joe User* through the registry and have him read me some obscure hex value. I want to say "print mumble.ini and fax the bloody thing to me."

- Steven

*to Joe User: I'm sorry, but I've talked to too many of your cousins. You may not fit this profile, but they do.