Re: Mac OS X and Frontier

Author:Jim Stegman
Posted:9/1/2000; 5:52:50 AM
Topic:Mac OS X and Frontier

The hard part about selling Manila to my users (teachers) is that they have never made a web page before so the don't see the radical departure that it is from the status quo.

We are offering free weblogs to the teachers in our local school district. I took one morning to teach a few key teachers how to work on their weblogs, and maybe 3 or 4 had taken some kind of a course on HTML. It was fun to see the lightbulb go off in their heads after about 30 minutes. It made a huge difference to the teachers who had no experience at all. They got jazzed up as well. It's important to have a mix of semi-erxperienced people with the utter newbies.

Apple loves to sell to schools. It seems to me that a school server running Frontier/Manila is a slam-dunk. I'll send a note to our local Apple SE for education. He probably knows about Frontier already, but it wouldn't hurt.

If others do the same thing, perhaps something could happen from the bottom up. This will take longer, but with probably achieve a better end result.