Re: What sort of keyboard do you prefer?

Author:Jake Savin
Posted:9/3/2000; 2:19:35 AM
Topic:What sort of keyboard do you prefer?

When the original IBM PC's came out, I was a big fan of the keyboards. Each key made a resounding *click* when pressed -- even the spacebar. I haven't found a louder keyboard since. It also gave a hearty amount of tactile feedback.

I think that contemporary cubicle culture has provided an incentive for keyboard manufacturers to provide quiet keyboards, but if anyone ever makes a split ergonomic keyboard that clicks like the original IBM PC keyboards, they're going to win at least one customer. ";->"

On the other hand, I'm a big fan of the PowerBook keyboards. My PowerBook has a very light touch, but since the key depression is slight, I do get some tactile feedback when the keys bottom out, unlike most desktop keyboards which seem really spongy to me.