Re: Python in Frontier

Author:David Brown
Posted:9/7/2000; 11:20:15 AM
Topic:Python in Frontier

There's the path of using WSA on Windows and OSA on the Mac, but there's also the possibility of somehow grafting the Frontier and Python codebases together, and make them work the same on BOTH platforms.

It would be interesting to have a Frontier Scripting Architecture -- a set of callbacks and entry points that would allow ANY language to run within Frontier and access the ODB. Although I've often thought that Perl was the most successful attempt I've ever seen to make line noise executable, (IMHO, obviously, ";->") it would really open people's eyes to the Frontier platform if they could use whatever language they were comfortable with to access Frontier's (and Manila's) services.

It would make Frontier one of the ultimate application server platforms. And probably the best deal on the planet.

But I suppose we should start with just Python right now, and get to world domination later.