CDDB and freedb

Author:Wesley Felter
Posted:9/10/2000; 1:23:11 PM
Topic:CDDB and freedb

I've heard that there are some interesting restrictions in the CDDB licensing agreement; unfortunately I couldn't find it at their site. The developer FAQ is an eye-opener though; among other things, developers have to submit their apps to CDDB for some sort of validation before they can be released. It also looks like they only provide libraries to developers instead of a protocol spec.

There's also freedb: http://www.freedb.org/