Re: plain writing (was Online bits are forever)

Author:David McCusker
Posted:9/13/2000; 4:15:29 PM
Topic:Discuss by email?

Dave Rogers: do you mind if I have them engrave that last paragraph on my tombstone?

Surely that spot is reserved for something more urgent like, "I'll be back with reinforcements!" Or something like that. :-)

Dave Rogers: There is something beautiful about the truth, plainly written.

Whoa, thankyouveramuch. The truth is different written plainly. It's more obvious and makes you notice related things. In particular, I like to disabuse folks of belief in too much power invested in other folks who seem to know what they are doing. Knowing what you're doing doesn't entail a corresponding amount of power. Some things are hard to control.

Dave Rogers: Pardon the gratuitous gushing.

It's so refreshing and gives me a chance to practice my blush. Sometimes I wonder if folks merely tolerate my droning. Normally I must judge blindly whether I'm helping at all.