Re: Continuing the Open Source discussion

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:9/16/2000; 12:22:18 PM
Topic:Continuing Dave's Open Source discussion

It's an long redundant definition. It wouldn't fit in a dictionary or a math textbook.

http://www.opensource.org/osd.html

And if my example was open source, then a much simpler less confusing definition would work, like the one in yesterday's piece.

BTW, Stallman said that software that meets with his approval is *not* open source.

Thanks for staying with the discussion. I agree that we're in agreement on most points, and I thought your piece was interesting or I wouldn't have pointed to it and responded at such length to it.