Re: abolishing software patents? (got IP game?)

Author:David McCusker
Posted:9/22/2000; 3:36:02 PM
Topic:got IP game?

Kabir X: The ideas presented stand, or fall, on their own. They do not need a persona to prop them up.

Yes, very much so. But there is always a persona willy nilly since the body of words spoken together imply a persona consistent with the set of ideas presented. Ideas do not exist in vacuum, unless they are very few in number and expressed from a named persona used just once. Otherwise ideas are colored by the apparent mind of the speaker. This need not be the actual mind of the speaker of course.

Kabir X: Let me know when your faith in your extreme position is sufficiently restored for us to continue the discussion of the issues involved.

My faith is the same, which includes faith in my resistance to distraction. However, I recognize I am easily defeated by a certain amount of noise, especially from dedicated or numerous sources. Usually it only takes around three or four bright folks to drown me out when it suits them. But one highly expressive individual can nearly do it alone.

My apologies for the quirk I'm showing in this post, where I respond to subtext instead of text. It's one way I enjoy being unpredictable, by including ad hominem content when it strikes me as appropriate, even when I profess to avoid doing this by habit.