Re: Like or Love?

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:9/24/2000; 9:56:19 AM
Topic:Like or Love?

It's too early to love XML, I just like it.

If developers use XML to be compatible, then it's loveable. If they use it to beat each other over the head with marketing hype, well then it's not loveable.

And yes it is a regular column. I have a new print writing gig. We're working on the next column right now. I have to choose one of my recent DaveNets for the next issue. I'm leaning towards What is Open Source? because the next issue focuses on open source and XML.

I like working for the Fawcette people. My editor is Dan Gillmor's brother Steve. He's a very supportive guy. That's how editors should be. He sends me one line reviews of my pieces, and says when I'm in flow, or not.

They also get me a lot of web flow, which is good for the business. ";->"