Re: Cheney?

Author:Brian Sugrue
Posted:9/26/2000; 8:13:54 AM
Topic:Cheney?

Actually, these days it might just be some misguided soul who decided to 'help' the Gore campaign out, without their knowledge or approval.

Oh, definitely. To move the point to a less-charged arena, I see this method all the time in the recruitment of college athletes (an area with which I deal all the time). Schools don't have to do much of anything...fans are more than willing to start the whispers to give their team the edge. Then when it's time to talk one-on-one with the recruit, the seeds of doubt, confusion, and even resentment towards your competition are already very well-rooted without the "official representative" having to do a thing.