Re: hypocrisy is interesting

Author:Gulliver Foyle
Posted:9/26/2000; 1:41:11 PM
Topic:hypocrisy is interesting

Mr. Winer,

I was willing to let it go, but you persist in promoting the notion that my major contention with you was the "Is Bush Disgusting" survey.

Once again, I maintain that you meddle with messages to delete those bits that you find unflattering towards you, while leaving those bits you find innocuous, all the while leaving the impression that you have done no such thing. You have done this in the past when I have pointed out wild and overblown hyperbole on your part. Remember when you called Stephen King a hog in a trough because he dared offer his work for sale via Amazon? Talk about strangers defining people they don't know! I called your hand on that nonsense and of course, through the magic of Manilla you made it seem as if it had never been. As you will no doubt make this message disappear into ether.

This is the crux of the matter. Your penchant for meddling in other people's posts calls into question the integrity of the discussion's here. Sometimes you modify messages, sometimes you delete them. "Poof! It was all a bad dream. Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain. He is just maintaining a flame-resistance policy. He is doing what must be done for the greater good."

Because you won't address this issue, I feel that I must play the role of The Midnight Skulker, scribbling "The King Is A Fink!" on walls, trying to stay one step ahead, hoping against hope that someone will read my complaint until the Men In Black show up with that funny light that makes everyone forget,

They seek him here, they seek him there
Those Frenchies seek him everywhere
Is he in heaven or is he in hell?
That demned elusive Pimpernel