Re: Cheney?

Author:Donald W. Larson
Posted:9/26/2000; 2:01:39 PM
Topic:Cheney?

MIke,

What about personal freedom?

I love my freedom of choice in all walks of life. I may not choose as you do, so I guess we're both enjoying our freedom.

I don't object to any of the items you mention, although they're nowhere near my top priority, but I'm strongly against a party that consistently aligns themselves with a particular religious viewpoint and tries to dictate how we live our private life.

I have no idea what religious viewpoint you're talking about. My opinion is all religious viewpoints are valid; even if one doesn't have a religion or believe in God or whatever.

As for your private life, what is being dictated to you? I see no dictation of private matters. I do see issues that relate to what happens in public, but not in private.

The Republican party always yells about "freedom" but they're the ones that want to butt into our personal lives in every way.

If that was widely the case, we would see anti-government riots from millions of people. I don't see any of that in America.

I think you have a problem that many people don't accept your lifestyle or something as deeply meaning as that. So what? I don't see the government telling you, as a citizen, not to be gay in your private life. I suppose you want the government to tell people how they should behave towards you? That would be a denial of freedom of the first order.

If you're looking for perfect freedom, you won't find it on this planet. Maybe in the next life; except you don't seem to believe in that either! ;-)

No matter where you (or I for that matter) go, someone doesn't like you or me or somebody else. Hey, that's life and no government is going to change that. You can march and protest all day and every day against that, yet it will be that way long after you and I are gone from life.

Be content with yourself and you'll probably find a lot more happiness. If you keep finding fault with why others don't like you, you'll probably be less happy no matter where you live.

Don