Re: Movements to Die For

Author:Karl Dubost

A smart leader knows about our penchant for meaning and movements. One of the most important things that John Kennedy did when president was give us a common vision that most of the nation could rally behind without controversy (a man on the moon, blah blah).

The funny is the way you answered. I think there's an interesting demonstration of a cultural issue. Be careful, what I am going to write, is not aggressive.

Scripting News, as many forums driven by american people, is auto-american-centered. It's a major default from American people to maybe think that their world is the world. You wrote in your contribution "give us", "the nation" and I read with the right filter because the context and I know that you were american.

"The man on the moon" was not a great unifying idea, it was the result of what we call in France "La Guerre Froide" (Cold War).

They has there big ideas which are being born : The anti-mondialist movement is one of them. The Web will be another one. I'm very precautionnous with people that wants to rule the world (as Davos people).

Fill the cultural, economic, technological gap between nations is a unifying idea. The means are divergent.

If you are interested by the perception of a french guy for the presenditial campaign... hum... :-)... not really interesting. Same candidates, same politics. The differences, I mean, for french people, between Democrats and Republicans are nothing more than the differences between a conservative party (partie de droite) and a very conservative party (mostly extrême droite).

Juste mes 5 centimes.... :)